FBF is an interdenominational, evangelical fellowship in Downtown Farmville, Virginia. Because salvation and discipleship depend on the authority of God’s Word, we make biblical teaching the basis for all we do. We encourage honest and open inquiry into the Scriptures to discover how they can enrich our daily living.
We support missionary endeavors both at home and abroad, from the local college campuses to Europe and the third world. We offer extensive prayer for the specific needs of the dozen or so missionaries God is enabling us to care for.
Like the early church we concentrate on four pursuits: They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer (Acts 2:42). Read more about the four pursuits here.
Here is our statement of faith:
- in one God manifest in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit;
- in the inspiration of all Scriptures by the Holy Spirit as originally given, and in their final authority for Christian faith and practice;
- in the incarnation and virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, who by His shed blood, substitutionary death, and bodily resurrection paid the redemptive price for all our sins and for the sins of the whole world;
- in the eternal salvation of all who trust the Lord Jesus Christ and eternal punishment of all who reject Him;
- in the work of God’s Spirit of the new birth, indwelling the believer and causing him/her to grow into the likeness of Christ and filling him/her with the power to live a godly life and to witness for Jesus Christ;
- in the union of all true believers as one body in Christ;
- and in the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to earth bodily to claim His own people, to vindicate Himself, and to set all things in order.